Nature's Window 3 Monitor
brings the sounds of nature indoors!
With optional plug-in connector set.
The manufacturer of the original Nature's Window brings you the latest model in their series - a monitor that allows you to hear the sounds outside your windows. This version of the Nature's Window Monitor comes with a Plug-In Connector upgrade,making your Nature's Window even more versatile. It will allow you to use a single unit with multiple probes, without having to move the probe. Order additional probe wires, and you will be able to move your speaker unit from window to window, or room to room. (If you don't need this optional feature, please consider the NW3, which comes with the standard hard-wired microphone wire.)
If you can't have your windows open due to the weather, allergies, air conditioning, security concerns, or for any other reason, you can still enjoy your favorite outdoor sounds with Nature's Window - a completely self-contained system for listening to the sounds of nature from the comfort of your home.
Be the first in your neighborhood to hear the spring birds; relax at night with the sounds of crickets without worrying about open windows; listen to your children playing outdoors without an open window letting allergens in or the air conditioning out. This monitor also doubles as a security device, allowing you to hear what's going on outside your home while you're secure behind closed doors.
Your Nature's Window is a self-contained unit with built-in power adapter and probe (microphone) as standard features. The probe wire with microphone at one end is passed through an open window that is then gently closed over the wire. The microphone picks up the sounds from a point just outside the house, and brings them in clearly. More distant objects, such as ponds or other outdoor habitats, can be heard easily by choosing an optional extended probe wire. (Our Nature's Window FAQ's page may help you decide which unit is best for you).Listen to the birds at your feeder year-round, or monitor what's going on at your nestboxes.
(Note: if you do not need the optional connector set, you may click here to see the hard-wired version of this product.
- Operates on A/C power - No expensive batteries!
- No burdensome transmitters, receivers
- Built-in on/off switch and volume control
- Speaker unit is approximately 3 1/2" X 3 1/2" X 8" high
- Covered by manufacturer's limited lifetime "repair or replace" warranty. See Nature's Windows FAQ's for details.
- Hand-assembled in the USA
- Probe wires longer than 70' may be obtained by contacting Customer Service.
- Unit color varies. You may state color preference on checkout page, but color of unit you will receive is not guaranteed.
- Ships by UPS Ground (Standard) or UPS 2-day (Expedited) to the US. $23 surcharge for expedited shipping is in addition to normal shipping charge.
- Average order processing time 2 days - may be longer for units with custom options.
- Canadian customers - please do not order from this page. This item carries an additional charge for delivery to Canada, and must be ordered here: NW3 for Canada.
- Shipping to a PO Box carries an additional charge. Please contact Customer Service for details.
Many of our customers have asked: "What is the range of the microphone?" The simple answer is this: Stand outside in the location where you're planning to put the probe. Whatever sounds you hear in that location will be transmitted through the Nature's Window. Still have questions? See Nature's Window FAQ's.
Upgrade your unit with an extended probe wire, a Line Out jack, and/or 12-volt cigarette lighter plug
Here are just a few comments received about the Nature's Windows products. Click here to see more comments.
- The Line Out upgrade is used for recording outdoor sounds. Using a standard phono plug, connect to "line out" jack on the back of unit, and plug the other end into "line in" jack on recorder. Then adjust recorder to desired recording level. This output is independent of the unit's volume control. Or, connect your NW unit to your existing external sound system for enhanced sound quality.
- 12-volt cigarette lighter plug - For mobile use in cars or RV's or for those who favor 12-volt powered devices. (Note - 12-volt powered units cannot be used with standard house power. They can ONLY be powered with a 12-volt battery.)
* Manufacturer's warranty covers repair or replacement of defective units. See Nature's Windows FAQ's for details. Please order carefully! Units are custom made to your specifications, and are not eligible for cash refunds.
- Thanks for a great product - we are enjoying our Nature's Window so much that we are looking at getting a second.
- Hello, We really enjoy it, the unit is everything you said it would and more. The mic is so clear and no static.
- This unit captures the sounds outside very precisely and clearly. Many thank you’s for a super product and many years of enjoyment to come.
- I just wanted to let you know that the monitor that you sold me last Christmas, was one of the best purchases that I have ever made!